StrongerBC Future Skills Grant
The StrongerBC future skills grant empowers British Columbians to shape their own futures. The grant covers up to $3,500 for eligible short-term skills training at public post-secondary institutions.
- Certificate in Monitoring Terrestrial Biodiversity and Freshwater Ecosystems
- CompTIA A+ Certification Preparation
- Computer Fundamentals for the Workplace
- Creating a Successful Business Plan
- Customer Service Leadership Certificate
- Digital Marketing
- Introduction to PC Security
- Introduction to PC Troubleshooting
- Introduction to Programming
- Introduction to Python 3
- Advanced Python
- Introduction to SharePoint 2019
- Leadership Fundamentals Certificate
- Medical Terminology level 1
- Medical Terminology level 2
- Natural Resources Leadership Certificate
- Project Management PMP Bootcamp Prep
- QuickBooks online
- Understanding the Cloud
- Web Design
- Must be a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or Protected Person entitled to study in Canada.
- Must be B.C. residents and currently live in B.C.
- Must be 19 years or older or have graduated high school by the start of the course/program.
- Must provide consent for NLC to disclose learner information to the Province and third party training providers.
- Should not be receiving duplicative and/or overlapping funding to cover eligible costs (i.e. grants, loans, scholarships, or other funding that covers the same program costs as the Future Skills Grant)
Students should understand that:
- The FSG benefits may have tax implications;
- The FSG is subject to a lifetime maximum of $3,500;
- If students are receiving any federal or provincial benefit, such as Employment Insurance (EI) or BC Employment Assistance (BCEA), approval must be sought from the appropriate government body before participating in a program;
- The amount of FSG funding received is subject to review and audit.
Eligible costs for Future Skills Grant programs:
- Lifetime Maximum of $3,500 inclusive of all eligible costs
- Program/Course Materials (textbooks, textbook or required program software, and tools)
- Not Eligible: Childcare, living allowances, and transportation.
Process to confirm Future Skills Grant Eligibility status:
- Find a program you are interested in
- Ensure you meet any prerequisites and the timing of the course works for your schedule
- More details to come on registration process.
**Registration for our Fall training sessions will begin on June 5, 2023**