The primary focus of H2S Alive is to help people work safely in and around H2S environments. H2S gas is present during oil and gas exploration but can also be found in the pulp and paper industry, sewage treatment facilities, landfills and in farming operations where manure is stored.
Learning Objectives & Specific Outcomes:
This course is intended for all workers in the petroleum industry employed in environments with the risk of potential H2S exposure.
- Risk evaluation and control measures
- Orientation and use of self-contained breathing apparatus
- H2S detection equipment
- Initial response strategy, rescue and medical aid
- Operation of a self-contained breathing apparatus
- Learn to operate H2S gas detection systems and equipment
- Learn to evaluate risk and implement control measures
- 1 day (8 hours)
- Energy Safety Canada
- 3 years