- Trades & Industry
- Backflow Assembly Tester Certification
Backflow Assembly Tester Certification
This program covers aspects of cross connection controls and backflow preventer assembly testing as published in the AWWA Canadian Cross Connection Control 2007 Manual published by the Western Canada Section American Water Works Association (WCS AWWA) and is followed by the BCWWA Backflow Assembly Testers Certification. Upon successful completion of the final exam, the BCWWA Backflow Assembly Tester Certificate is issued. Course topics include:
- Introduction to Cross Connection Control
- Causes of backflow
- Health aspects
- Backflow incidents review
- Legal aspects
- Hazard classifications and types of hazards
- Methods of backflow control (types of backflow preventers)
- General installation requirements
- Cross connection control program basics
- Troubleshooting and repair of backflow preventers
- Theoretical and practical testing procedures for:
- Reduced Pressure Principle Backflow Preventer
- Double Check Valve Assembly
- Pressure Vacuum Breaker
- Spill Resistant Pressure Vacuum Breaker
Exam registration and fees are separate through BCWWA. Click HERE to set up your BCWWA account and register for the exam 2 weeks prior to program start.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to book a group of 8 or more.
Please call 1-866-463-6652 with the Registration Code or visit us on campus.