Commercial Vehicle Inspector Certification
This CVIP course covers the material required for the student to obtain a Provincial Vehicle Inspector's Certification. The successful student will be able to properly fill out & submit the required information online, as well as, perform a proper vehicle inspection.
Related Course: Designated Inspection Facility Operator
- Mandatory textbooks are included. Students will be contacted to schedule a time to pick up books from the NLC Campus after registration closes.
- Students will require a computer or laptop with a camera and have access to Microsoft Teams.
- Course will be a blended course with online training and in class training & final exam. The online portion will be accessed by Microsoft Teams and students will be sent an email to access the online portion prior to the start date.
- All prices are subject to GST
- This course requires that students be Red Seal endorsed: Heavy Duty Equipment Technician, Commercial Truck and Transport Mechanic, Commercial Transport Trailer Technician, Automotive Service Technician, Motorcycle Mechanic.
- Additional endorsements: Pressure fuel- current certificate of qualification (LPG, CNG, CNLP, LPNG) issued by the British Columbia Gas Safety Authority. Proof of certification and application must be submitted to CVSE. Air Brake-Heavy duty, Truck and Transport and Trailer Tech qualify for Air Brake endorsement automatically as air brake repair is a recognized component of their trade qualification. Automotive journeymen are required to pass a certified Air Brake Repair course and apply to CSVE for endorsement approval. An Air Brake endorsement on a drivers license is NOT sufficient to qualify for air brake inspection.
- As of March 31, 2021 CVSE will not accept 4th year apprentices in the Commercial Vehicle Inspector Certification course.
- The minimum student requirement is 6 students. If the minimum is not met the class will be cancelled three days prior to class start date.
June 03, 2022 - Online from 12:00pm - 12:30pm
June 6th - June 10th - Online from 7:00pm to 9:30pm
June 11th - In class from 8:00am to 4:30pm (Fort St John)
Instructor: Doug Haycock
Registration Code: 2021YC WFTR TI07 FB003
DIF Exam: This exam fee is only if student registered in CVIP would like to take the DIF exam. If enrolled in DIF, the exam fee is waived.
Registration Code: 2021YC WFTR TI08A FP003
The DIF Exam is optional and has a $75.00 fee.
**Registration closes: May 26, 2022**
Please call 1-866-463-6652 with the Registration Code or visit us on campus.
Refund Policy: Full refund including textbooks and supplies if written notification is received five business days or more prior to the start of the class. Notification should be sent to Continuing Education at email@example.com
No refund for cancellations that are four business days or less prior to the start date of class or for non-attendance. To learn more about the Continuing Education policies visit ce.nlc.bc.ca/how-to-register