FSG - Introduction to Python 3
Using the Python programming language, you will learn how to create basic programming structures like decisions and loops. Learn about tuples and dictionaries and write code to make your programs interactive. You will also learn how to read and write to data files. Exercise your creative side to create a graphical user interface (GUI) in python.
Total hours – 24
This program is delivered through online learning and consists of reading, hands on assignments, knowledge quizzes and final exam.
This program is for those with basic programming that is interested in learning how to write simple scripts, full programs, or graphical user interfaces.
Basic programming knowledge is an asset for the success of this program.
· Create basic programming structures.
· Define variables.
· Understand more advanced Python topics such as object-oriented.
· Programming with classes and exceptions.
· Use data structures which are unique to Python, such as tuples and dictionaries.
· Work with external data files.
· How to handle Python exceptions.
· Create Python programs with graphic elements ranging from simple circles and squares to graphical user interface (GUI) objects like buttons and labels.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- You will need Python 3.X (3.1, 3.2, or a later version), which you can download free of charge here.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.