FSG - Advanced Python
This course is for students who have taken the introductory course and are ready to leverage their previous experience to learn more or have some experience programming with Python and are ready to take their skills and knowledge to the next level. Learn about advanced python concepts, regular expressions, working with data, testing and more.
Total hours – 28
This program is delivered through online learning and consists of reading, hands on assignments, knowledge quizzes and final exam.
This course is for students who have taken the introductory course and are ready to leverage their previous experience to learn more or have some experience programming with Python and are ready to take their skills and knowledge to the next level.
Introduction to Python 3
· The student will learn how to use lambda functions, advanced list comprehensions, collections module, counters, mapping and filtering, mutable and immutable built-in objects, sorting, creating a dictionary from two sequences, unpacking sequences in function calls, and modules and packages.
· The student will learn about regular expression tester, regular expression syntax, and Python's handling of regular expressions.
· The student will learn about virtual environment, relational databases, passing parameters, SQLite, SQLite database in memory, drivers for other databases, CSV, creating a new CSV file, getting data from the web, XML, and JSON.
· The student will learn how to do testing for performance, the unittest module, special unittest test case methods.
· The student will learn attributes, behaviors, the difference between classes and objects, Attributes and Methods, Private Attributes, Properties, Documenting Classes, Inheritance, Extending a Class Method, Static Methods, Class Attributes and Methods, Abstract Classes and Methods, and Understanding Decorators
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 10 or later.
- Mac: macOS 11.0 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Python (Installation instructions provided)
- Visual Studio Code (Installation instructions provided) is recommended. However, you may use a different editor if you prefer.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.