FSG - Creating a Successful Business Plan
Putting your ideas on paper and into a plan increases your chances of getting financing and also keeps you and your business focused strategically. By the time you work through all major components of writing a plan you will have your first draft ready to go.
Total hours – 24
This program is delivered through online learning and consists of reading, hands on assignments, knowledge quizzes and final exam.
This program is for anyone who wants to start their own business and is looking for financial support.
There are no prerequisites for this program.
· Meet leading entrepreneurs and determine passions and skill sets for the business.
· Develop a vision and a mission for the business, including product or services and uncover the niche.
· Learn to position the company to be customer-centric, and how to move that customer from satisfied to loyal.
· Build a structure of the organization so it's in the best position to provide the product or service to targeted customers.
· Discuss the features and benefits of the product or service, and begin the ongoing task of market research.
· Explore three separate areas of marketing; learn about competitors, pricing, and SWOT agent (analyzing strength, weakness, opportunities, and threats).
· Join a panel of successful marketing, public relations, and graphics experts who are also entrepreneurs and believe in the power of networking.
· Review operations and manufacturing concerns.
· Create a financial section of a business plan.
· List three additional financial components of the plan: projected income statement, cash flow, and historical financial records.
· Recognize funding and financing opportunities and have a better understanding of financing.
· Develop an outstanding executive summary, and review a document formatting tips and learn what supporting document is.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Microsoft Word or other word processing program (not included in enrollment).
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.