FSG - Introduction to PC Troubleshooting
Introduction to PC Troubleshooting teaches you troubleshooting techniques to identify problems and gives you the skills you need to solve them and shows you how to maintain and optimize a Windows PC.
Total hours – 24
This program is delivered through online learning and consists of reading, hands on assignments, knowledge quizzes and final exam.
This is for anyone that uses a computer and would like to know how to troubleshoot and solve basic PC issues.
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
· Identify and resolve typical hardware and operating system issues encountered by technicians.
· Identify the basics of troubleshooting operating system issues.
· Conduct preventive maintenance.
· Troubleshoot wired and wireless networks.
· Repair Internet connections.
· Repair computers after a virus using the five-step process of recovering from a virus infection.
· Safely handle hardware components.
· Acquire skills to handle RAM, hard drives, and expansion cards.
· Know how to check, clean, and maintain the inside of a computer safely and effectively.
- This course can be taken on either a PC or Mac.
- You will also need access to one or more computers that do not contain any data you consider sensitive.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.