FSG - Medical Terminology Level 1
A Word Association Approach. This course will teach you to understand medical terminology as it pertains to each body system. Using graphics and study tips you will not only learn definitions and root terms, but also their application in the medical world. Learning blocks are used to condense information and to help isolate what you need to know verses what is nice to know, and you will be provided with fun and unusual facts to help you remember the medical terminology in unique ways.
Total hours – 24
This program is delivered through online learning and consists of reading, case studies, hands on assignments, knowledge quizzes and final exam.
This course is intended for those who are interested in working in the medical field or who are already working and would like to enhance their skills or advance. This course will also help prepare you for related college courses.
There are no prerequisites to take this course. No medical background is necessary.
· Explore root terms that represents the main meaning of a combined medical term.
· Learn terminology relating to
o Integumentary and digestive
o Cardiovascular and Respiratory
o Urinary and reproductive
· Prefixes and suffixes A through Z
· Color Prefixes and Suffixes and Abbreviated Titles
· Common Abbreviations: A Through W and Specialized Abbreviations
· Directional Terms and Word Combinations
- This course can be taken on either a PC, Mac, or Chromebook.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.