FSG - Medical Terminology Level 2
A focus on Human Disease. Learn medical terminology related to all 11 of its organ systems. You will learn about diseases of the cardiovascular, lymphatic, respiratory, nervous, skeletal, muscular, integumentary (skin), urinary, digestive, and male and female reproductive systems. You'll also go over different diagnostic and treatment procedures for each system. Learn the meaning of many prefixes, root words, and suffixes, and you'll greatly increase your medical terminology.
Total hours – 24
This program is delivered through online learning and consists of reading, case studies, hands on assignments, knowledge quizzes and final exam.
This course is intended for those who are interested in working in the medical field or who are already working and would like to enhance their skills and/or advance. This course will also help prepare you for related college courses.
There are no prerequisites to take this course. No medical background is necessary.
· Review the major functions and organs of the cardiovascular system and gain a solid grasp of the terminology.
· Learn terminology relating to
o specific disorders, diagnostic procedures, and treatment of the organs.
o Names and functions of the organs of both the upper and lower tracts of the respiratory system.
o The central nervous system and the peripheral nervous system.
o Glands and hormones.
o Skeletal system's structures
o muscular organ system
o Skin and its accessory organs
o diseases of the digestive system's organs
· Learn the four different organs of the urinary system.
· Review the functions of the male and female reproductive system.
- This course can be taken on either a PC, Mac, or Chromebook.
- PC: Windows 8 or later.
- Mac: macOS 10.6 or later.
- Browser: The latest version of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox are preferred. Microsoft Edge and Safari are also compatible.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Software must be installed and fully operational before the course begins.
- Email capabilities and access to a personal email account.